This twelve-week program begins with two weeks of preseason skills and drills. In November, the DACC League “Draft” will be held. Each week, players will have one hour of practice during the week in addition to Saturday morning games.
DACC Junior Basketball 2014-2015
Sign ups: Oct 20 through Nov 7 at the DACC
Bob Dressler has been the Program Director of DACC Basketball for 20 years. He has named Matt Diltz, former Ironman player, as his successor. Thank you, Mr. Dressler. Welcome, Mr Diltz.
- Program begins Nov 15th and continues through the end of Feb.
- No games Nov 29, Dec 27 & Jan 3
- Clinic on Nov 15th: Grades 3 & 4 at 9am & Grades 5 & 6 @ 10am
- DRAFT DAY is Nov 22: Grades 3 & 4 at 9am & Grades 5 & 6 at 10:30am
- Weekly practice begins the week of Nov 22 with games beginning Saturday morning Dec 6
- Fees: $40 (Members only) for Basketball Program. Membership fee for the season is $30. Anyone needing assistance with fees should call and speak with Mrs. Knouse or Mrs. Getkin.
- There is an additional $35 fee for a reversible jersey with your child’s name on it. The DACC does have some jerseys donated by past participants. These are available for any player who needs one on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration must be done at the DACC front desk.
The DACC Junior Basketball League is exceptional in that instruction is ongoing throughout the season as are “game situation” teaching opportunities.
The DACC program would not be possible without the help and encouragement of volunteer coaches and the assistance of the Danville High School Basketball coaches and players. DASD Head Coach Lenny Smith has been an important asset to this program for many years.